Dear SMG Family & Friends,
As you are aware Saint Maria Goretti Parish will open our doors for public Masses this weekend, June 6/7 with our regular Mass schedule of Saturday vigil Mass at 5pm, Sunday morning at 7:30, 9:30 & 11:30am and a Vietnamese Mass at 2:30pm. Daily Mass will resume on Monday, June 8th at 8:30am in the main church to allow for social distancing. We welcome you back if you are ready but we understand that not everyone is comfortable yet so we will continue to offer Mass live streamed at 9:30am on Sundays and daily Mass at 8:30am until it is safe for all of us to be together to celebrate the Holy Mass. The obligation to attend Mass is still suspended at this time. It is extremely important that you do not feel pressured to resume regular Sunday Mass simply because we are open. Each person’s circumstances are different and we respect that. The well-being of SMG parishioners is our top priority.
Please abide by the following guidelines established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the CDC and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds as recommended prior to arrival at church.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex.
- Masks are required in Church as recommended (except children under 2 and those with medical exemption).
- Missals have been removed from the pews.
- Bulletins will be placed on tables in the narthex. The bulletin can also be found on our parish website.
- Church pews will be sanitized before every Mass.
- Seating is available only in designated pews (every 3rd pew).
- Upon entering the Church, proceed to open pews immediately. We are not able to congregate at doors or in aisles at this time.
- Families and parishioners in the same household may sit in the same pew in proximity. All others must practice social distance recommendations of 6 feet. Pews are designated to facilitate this.
- There will be no procession of the gifts at this time.
- Maintain social distancing at all times
Reception of Holy Communion:
During the Yellow phase, the faithful, out of an abundance of caution for all, are asked to receive Holy Communion on the hand. If after prayerful consideration, if you still wish to receive on the tongue, Father will sanitize his hands thoroughly after each communicant that receives on the tongue.
- There will be two stations for communion in the front of Church.
- Directions will be announced at each Mass for the flow of Communion.
- Please maintain 6 feet of separation from the person in front of you in line. There will be tape on the Church floor to assist.
- Please be patient during Communion and do not leave your pew until there is 6 feet of space from the next parishioner.
- Prior to receiving Communion, remove your face-mask when directly in front of Father/Deacon.
- Extend your hands as much as possible to maintain distance.
- Consume the Blessed Sacrament and replace your Mask over your face before moving to return to your pew.
- Have patience, this is new for all of us.
Exiting the Church
When leaving after Mass, allow for safe social distancing and please do not congregate in the narthex. The doors will be propped open for easy exiting.
Thank you for helping us to make this a safe and pleasant experience as we begin to come together as a parish family to celebrate Mass and receive Jesus in the gift of the Eucharist. May God bless you and keep you safe.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
PS – The parish office will re-open this Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
MASS SCHEDULE DURING THE “GREEN PHASE”
Saturday Vigil Mass at 5pm
Sundays at 7:30am, 9:30am & 11:30am
Vietnamese Mass Sundays at 2:30pm
*The dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation IS STILL IN EFFECT. So if you are uncomfortable with returning to Mass for any reason, you are not obligated to attend. We will continue to livestream the Sunday Mass at 9:30AM for the benefit of those who are at higher risk of severe illness or just not ready to return. Your safety and well being is our priority.
You do NOT need a Facebook account to see the Masses listed below. When clicking on the link it may ask you to sign-up for Facebook, click NOT NOW (bottom center of pop-up box) and you will proceed to the video.
Link to Mass for Tuesday, August 11, 2020:
Jesus reminds us, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” We must honor the commandments of loving God and our neighbors through our prayers and good works. Now, more than ever, we must be steadfast in our solidarity amongst each other, and spread the love Christ taught us.
If you are able, please support Saint Maria Goretti Parish through the Parish Support Initiative. This initiative is made possible through a partnership with The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia. Visit www.SupportMyParish.org and select Saint Maria Goretti Parish from the drop-down menu. Your support will ensure that we can continue our work through these uncertain times.
HOW TO MAKE AN ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
- Make the Sign of the Cross
- If possible, read the Mass Readings
- Recite the Prayer of Spiritual Communion – My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
NEED ASSISTANCE DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME?
The Saint Vincent DePaul Society of Saint Maria Goretti is here to help you. Please contact SVDP by calling them at 215-721-0199 ext. 224 for any temporal or financial needs.
Bob Varga is a parishioner and the executive director of the Lansdale YMCA. He wanted to reach out to our parishioners of our church needing any help or services. They have 3 vans and drivers ready to go. They can pick up and deliver food, medicine or whatever else you might need. In our building we also have Manna on Main serving and delivering hot meals. They also have a pantry stockpiled with food if anyone needs it. They would have to register on Manna’s website to get the food. Their website is https://mannaonmain.org/ . They are here to help. Reach out if you need any service. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding parish activities, please contact the office at email@example.com or 215-721-0199.
SPIRITUAL RESOURCES DURING THE CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS
During these difficult days, the Lord always remains close to us and provides us ways to receive His grace even when we cannot attend Mass in person. Please find below many excellent resources to nourish you spiritually and help you remain as close as possible to Jesus in the Eucharist during this time. Click on the link http://archphila.org/resources/
Welcome to St. Maria Goretti Roman Catholic Church! Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful place to give thanks and praise to God as you experience the saving action of Jesus Christ and the sanctifying grace of the Holy Spirit.
Our parish is made up of great people who embrace the stewardship way of life and seek to see the face of Christ in one another as we welcome all who join our parish community for a day or for a lifetime.
Centered on prayer and worship, especially of the Holy Eucharist, we seek holiness, peace and great joy. We strive to spread God’s message through service by attending to the spiritual and physical needs of our parishioners as well as the surrounding and global community.
Please join us with your God given gifts and share them with others. We have resources, programs and ministries for family members of all ages and look forward to walking with you on your life long journey of Faith.
God bless you,
Rev. John C. Nguyen, Pastor